|January 4, 2013||Posted by carmen under doTERRA Essential Oils, Giveaways|
I am so excited to announce that Natural and Nourished Family is now hosting giveaways! Everybody loves free stuff, right? You won’t find junk here….only the best!
I thought a Wild Orange doTERRA essential oil along with a pocket-sized A to Z Essential Oil Usage Guide would be the perfect thing to kick off this new aspect of NNF.
Wild Orange is one of my absolute favorite essential oils because of it’s versatility and it’s mouth watering, pleasant aroma. Just a sniff of Wild Orange is enough to energize and uplift my mood any day.
Wild Orange essential oil is known to have many benefits. It is most commonly appreciated for it’s mood uplifting and calming properties and for it’s helpfulness in alleviating symptoms of cold and flu.
Here are some ways the my family uses Wild Orange essential oil:
- I love to diffuse it throughout my home, especially during our homeschooling time. The aroma and mood enhancing properties add to the cheerful and fresh atmosphere that I aim to keep in my home.
- For a quick and very effective pick me up, I add one drop of Wild Orange and one drop of Peppermint in the palm of one hand, rub my hands together and then cup my hands over my nose and inhale deeply several times. Then I rub the back of my neck and shoulders to spread the oils. Aahhh!
- I add it to my homemade lip balm.
- We also add it to our water and iced tea for a delicious twist and also to aid in digestion. It also can help with heartburn or reflux.
- I add it to recipes! So far we have made a wonderful yogurt fruit dip, delicious orange cupcakes with orange frosting, and a tasty wild orange vinaigrette.
*Important note: Not all essential oils are equal. Only use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils, like doTERRA, for ingestion. doTERRA Wild Orange is certified by the FDA to be GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) and is classified as a dietary supplement. Other essential oils may contain impurities and toxins that can be harmful. Read the label…if the essential oil you have says “do not ingest” you should not. (Personally, I wouldn’t use it topically either.)
So, you want to enter to win this little brown bottle of awesomeness? Here you go:
Do you have a favorite way to use Wild Orange essential oil? Please share here.